Miso Ramen Recipe
Ramen Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz (285 g) dried ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup (200 g) fresh or canned bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1/2 cup (170 g) fresh or canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup (80 g) defrosted frozen or fresh spinach
- 8 cups (2 liters) store-bought or homemade pork or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons instant dashi granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh miso paste
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh bean sprouts
- 1 stalk green onion (scallions), finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili oil (optional)
Place the whole, un-cracked eggs in a medium pot and fill with water to cover eggs by 1 inch (2.5 cm). Turn the heat to high and when boiling, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes. Promptly use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs and peel the egg under cold running water. Slice each egg in half.
Return the same pot of water to a boil. Add the ramen noodles and cook according to package instructions (most ramen noodles only take 3 minutes to cook.) Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
Divide the noodles, hardboiled eggs, bamboo shoots, corn and spinach among 4 large serving bowls.
In a large pot, add the stock, instant dashi and soy sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the miso. Taste the soup and add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of miso if you’d like. Ladle soup into each bowl. Top each bowl with fresh bean sprouts, green onions and a drizzle of chili oil, if desired.